- A NOTE TO USERS OUTSIDE OF THE UNITED STATES.
By using our website, you agree that your information may be processed in the country in which it was collected and in other countries, including the United States, where laws regarding processing of personal information may be less stringent than the laws in your country.
- TYPES OF DATA WE COLLECT.
Portola collects your contact data, such as your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, and other contact information; and demographics data, such as your company, industry, and professional and product interests.
- USE OF YOUR DATA
- Portola uses your personal information for purposes described in this Policy or disclosed to you on our Site or in connection with our services. For example we may use your information in the following ways:
- operate and improve our Site, products, information, and services;
- understand you and your preferences to enhance your experience and enjoyment using our Site, products, and services;
- respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
- provide and deliver products, information, and services you request;
- send you related information, including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- communicate with you about upcoming events and news about products, information and services offered by Portola and our selected partners;
- link or combine with other personal information we get from third parties, to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and
- protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity.
- DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will share your information with your consent and as otherwise described below. We will also shared aggregated and deidentified data without restrictions.
- Affiliates. Although we currently do not have a parent company, any subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control (collectively, “Affiliates”), we may in the future. We may share some or all of your personal information with these Affiliates, in which case we will require our Affiliates to honor this Policy.
- Legal Disclosures. Portola may disclose personal information to (a) comply with relevant laws or to respond to subpoenas, warrants and other lawful requests served on Portola; or (b) protect or defend the safety, rights or property of Portola, users of the website or related services, and any person.
- Disclosure to Third Party Service Providers. We share your personal information with third party service providers to provide you with services they perform on our behalf
- Disclosure to Third Parties for Their Own Marketing Use. We may disclose your personal information with third parties’ for their use for their own direct marketing purposes with your consent. The privacy policies of these third parties apply to their use and disclosure of your personal information. We do not control the privacy practices of these third parties.
- Disclosure in the Event of a Business Change. We may share your data with a third party in connection with or during negotiation of any merger, financing, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, transaction or proceeding involving sale, transfer, divestiture or disclosure of all or a portion of our business or assets to another company.
- YOUR CHOICES REGARDING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may periodically send you e-mails that directly promote the use of our site or our products. If you receive promotional emails from us, you may indicate a preference to stop receiving further communications from us and you will have the opportunity to “opt-out” by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in the e-mail you receive or by contacting us directly at or contact information below. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as emails about your accounts or our ongoing business relations. You may also request changes or updates to your personal information by sending a request at our contact information below.
If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove cookies and to reject cookies used on our Site. If you choose to remove cookies or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or services of our Site.
- SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA.
We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. Despite these measures, you should know that Portola cannot fully eliminate security risks associated with Personal Information and mistakes may happen.
- CONTACT INFORMATION.
Portola welcomes your comments or questions regarding this Policy. Please e-mail us at email@example.com or contact us at the following address or phone number:
Portola Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Attn: Mardi Dier, CFO
270 E. Grand Ave., Suite 22
South San Francisco, CA 94080
- CHANGES TO THIS POLICY.
This Policy is subject to occasional revision, and if we make any substantial changes in the way we use your personal information, we will notify you by prominently posting notice of the changes on our website.